A flexible conduit is all well and good, but how do you feed your cables into it? The process of pulling cables through the conduit needn’t be difficult but if you require any assistance or further information, the team at Flex It will be more than happy to help you.
The flexible conduit pipe makes it easier to pull cables through, there are several ways that you can do so, including the string method. Thestringmethod is ideal and here’s how it’s done:
- A long piece of string needs to be tied to a long rod. Make sure that the rod can fit inside the conduit and is longer than the conduit itself.
- You’ll need to push the rod and string through the conduit until the point where the string exits the conduit.
- After this, you should tie the wires, that you need to go inside the conduit, to the string. By pulling the rod back through the conduit, you should pull the wires through.
Flex It also provide a metal flexible conduit that can be threaded using various other techniques.
The use of fish tape is an effective way to pull through cables too, this works similarly to the method of using string, but here’s how to pull your cables through flexible cable conduit using the fish tape…
- Feed the fish tape through the flexible conduit unit it comes out at the other end.
- The tape will incorporate a loop which will be where you can attach your wires by twisting them to fit securely.
- By pulling the tape and wire slowly back through the conduit, you are ultimately pulling the cables through the flexible conduit pipe.
- You’ll need to pull the tape and wire through the conduit until the wire and tape exit.
Regardless of which flexible conduit pipe you have, Flex It guarantee that you’ll find a suitable solution, one that suits the needs and requirements of your specific application. The team at Flex It is always on hand to provide you with any advice or support when it comes to pulling cables through a flexible cable conduit pipe.
The A Series is a PVC spiral reinforced flexible conduit which is used by various industries to protect wires and cables. Flex It provide the PVC spiral reinforced conduit to suit the most diverse demands, however, the general purpose flexible conduit pipe offers all round protection against impacts and pressures. The A Series conduit is also perfect for the fast insertion of cables because it has a smooth inner bore.
Flex It also supplies the metal flexible conduit which is ideal for threading cables too. The F Series steel braided range of flexible conduit isstretchy enough to guide wires through effectively and conveniently, ensuring that optimal protection is provided.
Overall, the process of pulling cables through a flexible conduit is straightforward, saving you time and money.
The team at Flex It is always on hand to provide you with any information that you require, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with them today!