For landingthe latest banking jobs, you need to clear the banking exam. A banking exam is simple arithmetic and logic reasoning paper with an English proficiency test as well. But when it comes to cracking this exam, it becomes difficult. The competition is fierce. In the year 2017, the banking exam had about twenty seven lakh applicants. To give you the edge in this exam, you need to follow these six useful tips:
- Proper Planning –The first thing that you need to do is make a proper plan for your studies. If you better understand the banking exam syllabus then you can find which sections are weak for you and need more attention and accordingly you can make a schedule and study.
- Update Yourself–Make sure to read magazines and newspapers daily to keep yourself updated with all the daily events, activities and current affairs. Don’t forget to get a thorough current affair background in the finance and banking industry. This is the key for preparing for the exam.
- Study Topic-Wise –Studying topic-wise is the key to succeed in any exam. If you keep on turning from one to another, you will not be able to pay proper attention to each topic. Keep practicing questions from different topics.
- Make GK a Weapon –In the banking exams, your general knowledge should be really strong. It is one of the best subjects to gain marks in. Make it a habit to read newspaper daily. Get some GK books from the market as well as magazines. Your current affairs should be rock solid. Your major focus should be on the following topics: Film & Television, Political News, Business News, Sports News, Banking Awareness and current events.
- Proper Time Management –Keep practicing as much as you can so that your time management skills improve. It is very difficult for many students to complete the exam in time.Therefore, you need to solve almost all questions in good time to get back that edge over others. If you continuously practice for this exam by solving one question after another and keep solving previous year questions as well, nobody would stop you from acing this test. Make sure to improve your time management as if you don’t your paper wouldn’t complete in time.
- Keep Solving Mock Tests –The internet comprises of many websites that offer free and paid mock tests for the banking examination. After completing the syllabus properly, you must give these mock tests a try to see how you performed in the examination. You should solve this mock test so that you know how the paper would be on D Day.
When the test day comes, do not panic if you have followed these six tips. You are going to ace the exam. All the best!